The network and coordination office was established 1999 in Potsdam. It is largely financed by grants from the Federal Ministry of family, senior citizens, women and youth (BMFSFJ) and Donations. Since December 2006 the association's headquarters as well as the coordination office have been working in Berlin.
The main duties of the office are:
- Connecting different specialised counselling organisations
- Researching and bundling information
- Representing KOK e.V. in national and international committees, in politics and in public
- Transfer of knowledge, projects and campaigns
- Lectures and training
- Public relations
- Establish contact to speakers dealing with topics such as trafficking of women, forced marriage, violence against female migrants etc.